Gifts…we all love receiving them, but buying gifts can be difficult at times. Gift giving should be just as fun and exciting as receiving, so we have come up with a helpful gift guide to help make the process both easy and fun!
Here at Grass Roots in Marshfield, MO, you may know us for our nursery…but did you know we have a gift shop filled with a variety of gift baskets and one of a kind items as well? Helping customers choose gifts is one of our favorite parts of the job. Stop by on the way to your next birthday party or event, and you’ll leave with a unique gift that’s wrapped and ready to inspire delight.
Here are our best gift ideas…
Gift Idea: Pick a theme
You can be completely original and personal if you know the recipient well, or you can keep it general if you’re not quite sure what they like. Either way – have fun, think outside the box and let the creativity begin! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Fill a basket with gifts for her with your favorite things from different stores
- Make a “shop local” gift basket and fill it with items sourced locally and handmade. It’s a fun way to show your spouse you put a lot of effort into an anniversary gift.
- Put together your own kit: items for a terrarium or pot they can plant up, then add a gift certificate so they can pick out the plants or seeds (a perfect graduation present or house-warming gift)
- Pick items that appeal to all 5 senses for a welcome home gift or care package
- It’s always amazing to me how much kids enjoy being in our store. Gifts for girls and boys could include a potted plant to take care of. Or put together a kids gardening basket. We have all the small kid tools, seeds, gloves, plus much more to inspire our next generation of gardeners.
- General themes: coffee, succulents, specific animal, pampering, gardening, farmhouse, baking & cooking, sports, movie night, useful items, motivational or inspirational
As you try to come up with a theme, think of questions like what is their favorite scent, hobby, food item, or activity; what do they do to relax; what shows, books or movies do they watch – and then try to find related items. Be as personal as possible and stick with the theme.
Gift Idea: Pretty or Unique Packaging
Make the gift look pretty and put together by adding a ribbon or bow on a single item, then attaching a handwritten note. Or pick a container that could be used for multiple purposes, such as a basket, pottery, wooden bowls, or coolers – don’t be afraid to think outside the “box” on this.
Gift Idea: Be Personal
We have all heard the saying, “The best gifts are gifts from the heart!” When you take the extra time to personalize your gift, it shows the recipient that you put thought into it, which in turn makes them feel special. In their card, tell them why you picked this gift for them.
Gift giving should be an enjoyable and easy process! We hope we sparked a few ideas for you to keep in mind when you put your next gift together. Just remember: keep it simple, pretty, and most of all personal!